Join our summer interns online this June and stay connected with your Episcopal friends from across the state. RSVP for the programs you are interested in here and we’ll e-mail you the meeting link, ID, and password.
Way of Love Small Groups
This June we are starting small groups for both Young Adults and College Aged adults! We will be using the Way of Love curriculum which asks the question, “We know what christians believe, but what do christians do?” If you are or know anyone aged 18-30 who might like to join other young people meeting to share stories and be in community for an hour once a week please share this link where they can sign up to be a part of one of these groups!
- The college-aged group will meet Tuesdays from 7-8 pm starting June 2, led by Will Chaney and Clarke Mortensen.
- The young adult group will meet Sundays 5-6 pm starting June 7, led by Will Chaney and Anastasia Cunningham.
- RSVP for either group here.
- Questions? Contact Will Chaney, 205-913-1189, email@example.com
Youth Small Group
Are you missing youth events and being able to see and talk to your friends? Join us on Sunday nights from 7-8 pm for small group discussions. We will be using zoom and breakout groups to resemble family groups and tribe times starting June 7! Led by Carson Avery and members of the Diocesan Youth Commission. If you’re interested in helping lead, contact Carson at 316-841-3347 or firstname.lastname@example.org. RSVP here.
Starting Monday, June 8, we will be hosting Formation Team Open Hours! This will be a time where our youth and young adults can drop in and have a time to talk about whatever is on their mind and if they want just have space to be with others and watch a relaxing activity or bring their own! We’d love for you to drop by, even if it’s just for a minute to say, “Hi!”
June 8: Will Chaney & Michael Funston
June 15: Anastasia Cunningham & Jonah Brandley
June 22: Carson Avery & Karen Schlabach
June 29: Clarke Mortensen & Will Chaney
Self-Catering with ‘Stasia!
Do you like cooking? Would you like to learn more about cooking? Join Anastasia Thursdays on @EDOKYouth Instagram Live at 5 pm starting June 4th and ending June 25th. Lessons will last between 30-60 minutes. We will be learning different recipes, fun facts, best practices, and some spiritual practices. Our body is a temple. We need to take care of it! One of the ways we take care of our bodies is by eating food. Join us for as many lessons as you can! All ages are welcome!
EDOK Youth Ministry Reads The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe by C.S. LewisOver the course of the summer, younger children up to adults will be able to enjoy a reading of one of the most seminal C.S. Lewis’ masterpieces The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. Led by Summer Intern Jonah Brandley with multiple guest readers, each episode will last no more than 20 minutes. Released twice weekly, each episode will contain a warm introduction, the chapter itself, and a few take-home/discussion questions at the end to help you have a discussion with your family or your community! Follow us on PodBean: https://edokformation.podbean.com/
Youth LGBTQ Chat and Hangout
This is a confidential space for LGBTQ and questioning youth in the church to share their experiences and receive support from peers and adults. It will focus on peer-to-peer community-building, rather than lessons given by adult leaders. The confidentiality of this group means that this is a suitable space for people who are questioning to try out new names or pronouns, should they wish to do so. The content of discussion will depend on the interests of those who attend, so discussion may include tough topics. Youth are reminded that all diocesan staff are mandated reporters of self-harm and abuse. Join us Wednesday, June 17, 7-8:30 pm. Led by Clarke Mortensen, Dillon Green, and several clergy representatives. Questions? Contact Clarke at 937-919-3273 or email@example.com.
Episcopal Summer Mega Zoom!
We know not having camp this summer is a huge disappointment, and nothing can replace that. However, we can still spend time together in community and enjoy activities that we typically only have at camp each year.
- Monday, July 6: GAME NIGHT, Join us on Zoom for a night of fun games … Pictionary, Family Feud, Jackbox Games, Trivia … we’ll split up into teams and compete for the coveted prize!
- Tuesday, July 7: MOVIE NIGHT, we’ll set-up a Netflix Watch Party and enjoy a movie together with chat options (note: you must have a Netflix subscription to participate). Questions? Contact Jonah Brandley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday, July 8: Cardboard Boats! Make your own miniature cardboard boat using only cardboard, duct tape, and plastic sheeting — no larger than a shoe box — and join us on Zoom to show off your creation and test it out in the sink or bathtub. Questions? Contact Michael Funston at email@example.com
- Thursday, July 9: send in your TALENT SHOW video by Wednesday at noon, then tune-in on social media to watch the whole show! E-mail your entry to Carson Avery at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday, July 10: our graduating high school seniors are invited to participate in the annual Senior Game Show, followed by a short worship service. We’ll record the show and share it on social media for everyone to watch that night.
RSVP for Episcopal Summer Mega Zoom in UltraCamp to make sure you get the links to be invited to each activity!
Join us. If you have questions and want to learn more about how to be an ally please register. Allyship begins with learning. Learning is lifelong and always more powerful when we learn together as a community of believers.